Here is the post I know most were waiting for and half the reason I am back tracking and going through and posting everything. This was a HUGE moment in our lives as Caroline started Kindergarten. She's been waiting for this day for a long time and while excited, it was a bit bittersweet.
Caroline has taken to being a bit shy and avoiding leaving us at times the past year, but this morning she ate, got dressed, took picture by the morning glories just like her Mommy did when she was little and eagerly awaited the bus. We thought maybe once it was time to board she would be apprehensive, but nope. She got right on, blew us kisses, and was on her way. Alan had joked with me when I told him I'd be emotional once she was on the bus. I was for a few, but then George got very sad and so my attention was diverted to him. Then he fell and hurt himself and was just a wreck without his sister! Alan left for work right after and *may* have met up with the bus closer to school :) Mommy and George spent the day playing and having fun and watching the clock until Caroline came home.
She was very tired when she got home but had all sorts of stories about school, mostly about lunch and recess :)
We are so proud of our little girl. Taking this next huge step towards her whole life. If anyone can handle it though, it's this kind, gentle, inquisitive little girl who is ready to take on the world!
and she's back home to Mama :)





















my my...seems like yesterday we were excited about her birth !
ReplyDeleteShes going to have a great time ...