Last Sunday Alan took Caroline ice skating for the first time. We've been planning this since before George was born. We picked up skates for her and had them ready to go just incase the town rink opened before Christmas. Then we waited, and waited. The weather was either too cold or it was always snowing. Finally, a free day when the weather was good! While there is only a few more weeks of good skating weather, I have a feeling they will make the most of it! They both had a lot of fun. Caroline did so well on her own, with and without the milk crates. I had to watch from the car with George but I was shouting my excitement for her from there. Just when she was getting tired, some kids arrived and she got her second wind! She started trying to skate faster and further away from Daddy. The kids were so nice and helpful, the little boy lending his hockey stick and puck to her. Now, she wants a pink princess hockey stick :)
She gets herself dressed now and picks out her own outfits.
For her first day skating? Her new comfy, thick sweater. Heart pants and her mermaid t-shirt :)
Getting out there and sliding around
The milk-crate really gave her confidence
Her new friend :)
I love watching older kids be awesome and kind to little ones! :)
Caroline *** great job ! you skate better than me :)
ReplyDelete