Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Big Election ~ June

So over the course of the spring I was campaigning for the School Board of Directors. So far, I can tell you that the campaign portion was much more intensive than being on the board, but I'm just beginning! I decided to run because the position became available and I wasn't sure when it would happen again. The stars were aligning, even if I had originally wanted to wait until George was in school. So, many friend and new friends helped me out. I met some great people along the way.

George helped me put out and take in signs and my family was just amazing as a whole.
In the end, I won, by a large margin. Election day was long and busy. I was at the polls most of the day going back and forth between George and Caroline. Around 8:30 I found out the results and headed home. Then, a "trashcan" came out and hit my car. So, my night was a little more chaotic. What I came away with though, after it was all said and done, was that the people I met during the process were great. The support I felt was amazing and I know I still have it in me :)

Below are just some great letters to the editor and Facebook posts etc. but some great community members and school board members. They aren't all here, but a few that I have. 










No comments:

Post a Comment