Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Birth of George Willis

A friend of mine, who is also an amazing child photographer, is building her portfolio for birth photography. I jumped at the chance to have her present for my delivery. Then, I got nervous. Pure vanity. She promised me there would be no pictures of me looking like a demon :) I've seen others photos and I knew that I would get over it because once I saw the pictures I would not regret it, and that is exactly what happened. I've already discussed the birth of George, but here are the images presented in a slideshow. Don't worry, there is nothing graphic. Just Alan, myself, and George along with some great nurses, doctors, and anesthesiologists :) welcoming George into the world. Carly showed up about halfway through my labor so by the time she got there things were getting serious so she missed some of the laughter taking place between Alan and I, but as always there was :)

Funny story : When she was photographing me and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes I was walking the halls and they were doing a tour. All of the men looked at me with horror as I hung on to the IV stand while the women totally gave me the "puh-lease, it's not going to be that bad" look. I was laughing and hugging the wall to let them through going "piece of cake this labor is..."

http://vimeo.com/80526542

or

http://carlymurrayphotography.blogspot.com/2013/12/george-willis-11192013-maine-birth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment