Thursday, July 21, 2011

The simple things...

I guess I've officially grown up. Little, simple things make me happy nowadays. Last week Alan set up a clothesline for me and I've been using it everyday. I get excited to use it. It's a new toy to me! Not only does it cost nothing to dry things, but the sun has amazing stain lifting abilities. It's the perfect drying agent for peanut's cloth diapers!



The other thing that gets me excited in the morning when I put out the clothes to dry are my veggies. We decided to do a small container garden this year. Six tomato plants, some plum and some grape. Three green bell pepper and one jalapeno pepper. Next year, on the 'Port side of the house, we'll plant a garden. My hope is to never need to buy rhubarb, tomatoes (sauce included), pumpkin puree, etc. again! Oh, we can't forget the zucchini and squash, Caroline's favorite!


Some of our tomatoes



Hello there little grape 'maters!




No comments:

Post a Comment